Jan / 17 / 2017
Posted In: Tips
Once you have decided on buying ornamental fish for your aquarium, keep the following in mind:
- First of all, ask the shopkeeper in your local pet store to feed the fish you are interested in buying. Healthy fish will eagerly spring at the food.
- Make sure there are no dead fish or foul water in any of the aquariums in the store.
Important indicators of illness are the following:
- Abnormal stains, swellings or uncontrolled movements of fish denote illness or stress.
- Abnormal coloring.
- Damaged scales or other parts of the fish.
- Spiral or vertical swimming.
- Retracted fins (healthy fish spread out their fins).
- Fish frequently begin by moving too much or staying still, before showing other symptoms of illness.